Monday, November 9, 2009

Sterling and Turquoise Dangle Earrings


I know I haven’t posted anything for quite a long time. Due to a destructive fire, I have not been able to craft any new jewelry or take the time to post to this blog. But, a couple of weeks ago I did take the time to hammer out one pair of earrings. There were a few short pieces of sterling flat bar stock left over from making bangles so I thought to make some earrings out of them. After annealing the silver pieces to soften them I hammered them into the shape I wanted. A little filing completed the shape. Next, I drilled a little hole in the end of each dangle, added a wire and a turquoise bead and connected them to ear wires. I textured the dangles surfaces with a peen hammer and then put on a high polish. The picture at the left was taken before the final polish. The earrings are available in my Icraft store.

4 comments:

Mountaindreamers said...

lovely earrings, I bet they catch the light magnificently ! sorry about the fire ; ( hope things are better , Laura

jstinson said...

I love those earrings! I also love your blog. This is my first visit here but I will return!

Diana said...

Just lovely. Sorry about the fire. Hope things get back on track soon.

DVArtist said...

Hi Paul, sorry to hear about the fire. Hope your family is all well. I also love these earrings. Your blog looks fantastic.

Blessings
Nicole/Beadwright