Thursday, March 6, 2014

Organize and Store Your Beads

IMG_3535

Over the years I have accumulated a rather large assortment of beads. I have gemstones, shell beads, beads of glass, along with metal beads. I have beads made from bone, horn, coral, and just about any other material one can think of. In addition I have cabochons, various sizes of seed beads, and Swarovski crystals. In other words I have a lot of beads. I store most of my beads in Plano 9X14 inch fishing tackle boxes. I had number of those Plano boxes leftover from my fishing tackle assortment so that is why I started using them. At first that worked quite well but as I accumulated more and more beads and purchased ever more boxes, the boxes became cumbersome. The problem is I ended up with stacks and stacks of boxes. I’d have to un-stack the boxes and sift through them trying to find what I wanted.

Then a solution presented itself! One day while poking around at a surplus store I discovered an open faced document filing cabinet used for filing 8.5X11 inch documents. The openings were just wide enough to accommodate my 9 inch wide boxes. I couldn’t resist. I bought it. Now, as you can see from the photo, I have all my bead boxes labeled and each one neatly stored away in one of the filing cabinet cubby holes. It works quite well. Now, if you will just stop by my Sirocco’s Trading Post store, you can see what I make with all those beads.

 

No comments: